Australia, 17th January 2008 --[ASDWire]-- Bohemia Interactive (BI) is extremely pleased to announce that our exciting new training product, the Aircrewman Virtual Reality Simulator (AVRS), will be demonstrated at Pacific 2008 to be held at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney from Tuesday 29th January to Friday 1st February 2008. BI will be located at booth #3W18 in Hall 3, co-located with Calytrix Technologies.
Bohemia Interactive developed the AVRS under contract to the ADF, delivering a high fidelity Air Crewman training solution on time and on budget. AVRS is an excellent example of the potential of modern COTS simulation; a state-of-the-art simulation engine paired with affordable yet cutting-edge virtual reality technology. After 10 months of trouble-free in-service operation with the ADF, BI is very pleased to announce that AVRS is now available worldwide through our close partner Lasershot Inc ( http://www.lasershot.com ).
Visit www.vbs2.com/avrs for more information on AVRS.
Features of the AVRS include:
- Very easy to operate, based on commercial PCs
- Reconfigurable for multiple aircraft types
- Supports formation flying over a LAN or WAN and is interoperable via either DIS or HLA
- Supports procedural door gunnery training
- Comprehensive After-Action Review (AAR) capability
- Supports ship and confined space landings (including slung loads)
- Includes a comprehensive range of instructor features via the VBS2 Real Time Editor, such as object distance indicators and rotor strike range
- Advanced night vision goggle (NVG) simulation and thermal imaging (under development)
- Dynamic weather and support for naval operations
VBS2TM – Virtual Battlespace 2 – is a fully interactive, three-dimensional, PC-based synthetic environment suitable for military training and analysis. Developed by Bohemia Interactive, the creator of Operation Flashpoint and VBS1, VBS2 offers both virtual and constructive interfaces onto high-fidelity worlds of unparalleled realism. VBS2 supports real-world terrain generation and is interoperable via both HLA and DIS.
Visit www.vbs2.com for more information.
About Bohemia Interactive.
Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development company, with studios in Czech Republic and Australia, founded in 1999, that focuses on developing state of the art computer software and the research of advanced real time 3D graphics, artificial intelligence and physical simulation technologies for real-time interactive environments.
For more information about the company visit www.bistudio.com
Company InformationAndrew Benke
Business Development Manager
Bohemia Interactive Australia Pty Ltd
T: +61 412 355 109
Download images concerning this Press Release.
Download files concerning this Press Release.
- PDF Press Release - download