June 15, 2009 --[ASDWire]-- AeroStrategy/OAG Aviation’s recent update of its benchmark Air Transport MRO Market Forecast highlights the impact of the current recession:
- The estimated MRO market for 2009 will be $41B, 7% below the 2007 peak
- From 2003-2008, the MRO market grew at a rate of about 6% per annum
- In contrast, the growth rate (in constant $) for the next ten years will be just 2.3% per annum
- Airframe heavy maintenance market will show the lowest growth rate (just 1% per annum) as older, manhour-intensive airframes get retired and replaced
- MRO spend will recover to reach 2007/2008 levels in 2011
- That is, the recession and associated fleet contraction will result in three years of lost MRO growth.
Speeches summarizing AeroStrategy’s perspectives on the MRO market can be downloaded at http://www.aerostrategy.com. The underlying MRO Forecast and the associated data can be purchased via OAG Aviation here.
AeroStrategy is a premier management consulting firm specializing in strategy and market analysis for the aviation and aerospace industries. The firm has offices in Europe, Asia and North America.