BURLINGTON, CANADA, September 2, 2009 --[ASDWire]-- L-3 WESCAM, a wholly owned subsidiary of L-3 Communications, announced today that its MX-10 EO/IR turret will be on display at Chalet 10 at the Helitech Duxford tradeshow in Cambridge, U.K., 22-24 September, 2009. In addition, L-3 will offer live demonstrations of the newly released turret.
Designed to support surveillance missions from small manned and unmanned helicopters, the lightweight MX-10 has proven MX-Series optical and laser performance, combined with ease-of-use tracking technology and ease-of-installation for the small-ball market sector. WESCAM’s sales team will be on-site to discuss the turret’s capabilities:
- The system’s six laser and imaging sensors deliver superior situation context and surpass competitive systems by offering larger zoom ratios and greater magnification;
- The MX-10 incorporates a 4-axis stabilization and an optical bench mounted IMU;
- The MX-10 incorporates interface flexibility including SMPTE HD digital video and NTSC or PAL analog video outputs;
- To integrate the MX-10 with WESCAM’s remote diagnostic product, the MX-Raid enables technicians located at WESCAM service facilities to perform checks, calibrations and firmware updates on fielded units around the world;
- The MX-10 fits into the MX-Series portfolio of EO/IR imaging products.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral airborne imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s Web site at www.wescam.com. MX® is a registered trademark of WESCAM Inc.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 Communications employs over 66,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in aircraft modernization and maintenance, C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems and government services. L-3 is also a leading
provider of high technology products, subsystems and systems. The company reported 2008 sales of $14.9 billion.
To learn more about L-3, please visit the company's Web site at www.L-3com.com.
Safe Harbor Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 Except for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this news release are forwardlooking statements. Statements that are predictive in nature, that depend upon or refer to events or conditions or that include words such as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates," "will," "could" and similar expressions are forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements set forth above involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any such statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed in the company's Safe Harbor Compliance Statement for Forward-looking Statements included in the company's recent filings, including Forms 10-K and 10-Q, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made, and the company undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
# # #
Company InformationPaul Jennison
Vice President, Government Sales and Business Development